2014-01-27 Stephen Sinclair
- Fix build for Windows (MingW, MSVC) and Android platforms
- Fix an implicit cast issue in C++ bindings for lo::ServerThread
- Documentation, small fixes
- Add a function to get library version information (lo_version)
2013-11-24 Stephen Sinclair
- Fix checking of vararg markers on 64-bit systems.
- Fix hang in TCP blocking test.
- Prevent potential bugs through static analysis.
- Add function lo_bundle_get_timestamp().
- Add C++11 wrapper, `lo_cpp.h', and test program.
- Support a few more build tools: clang/clang++, ccache.
- Fix typos in public headers.
2013-05-22 Stephen Sinclair
- Add release notes for 0.27.
- Add functions lo_server_new_from_url() and lo_server_thread_new_from_url().
- Allow oscsend and oscdump to specify port and dest address via URL string.
2013-05-21 Stephen Sinclair
- Flags are positive, and use a flag to control queuing feature.
2013-05-13 Stephen Sinclair
- Instead of generic `flags' setters, specific functions for each option.
- A couple of fixes for MSVC from the nested_bundles branch.
- Merge branch 'nested_bundles'
- Remove premake4.exe from the repository -- MSVC users should download latest.
- Move variable declarations to top of scope for MSVC 2008.
- Add missing recently-added defines for MSVC config.
- Add missing iphlapi library to MSVC project.
2013-05-06 Stephen Sinclair
- A better place in autogen.sh to copy the README file.
2013-04-15 Stephen Sinclair
- Reformat the main README in Markdown and rename it for the benefit of github.
- Add a README to the build directory, exclude premake4.exe binary from tarball.
- Write lo.h when configuring using premake4.
2013-04-10 Stephen Sinclair
- Ensure pad memory is zeroed when serialising a char.
- Don't point to freed memory after coercion.
- Fix a memory leak from getaddrinfo() if server tries to bind more than once.
- Check all server resources for successful allocation.
2013-04-08 Stephen Sinclair
- Add new lo_server_set_flags() function to .def file.
2013-04-03 Stephen Sinclair
- Expose refcount mechanism publicly and use it for freeing.
- Add new bundle functions to export list.
- Add a test for a simple case of nested bundles.
- Add back the lo_bundle_free_messages() function for ABI backward-compatibility.
- Update comment for lo_bundle_count().
2013-03-26 Stephen Sinclair
- New API to set a server's options, lo_server_set_flags.
2013-03-16 Stephen Sinclair
- Resolve lo_address hostname in send_data() if necessary.
2013-03-15 Stephen Sinclair
- Merge branch 'udp_resolve_enable'
2013-03-14 Stephen Sinclair
- Only call getnameinfo() when lo_address_get_hostname() et al are called.
- Move lo_server_thread_pp() prototype to lo_serverthread.h.
2013-03-13 Stephen Sinclair
- UDP resolve enable in lo_server struct
- support for creating and sending nested bundles
2013-03-11 Stephen Sinclair
- Fix a doxygen reference due to badly-placed group ending.
- Update doxygen file according to 'doxygen -u' for doxygen 18.104.22.168.
- Update configure.ac according to autoupdate 2.69.
2013-03-06 Stephen Sinclair
- Some changes to support automake-1.13.
- For compatibility with MingW-w64, gcc 4.7.1, add LIBRARY line to .def file.
2013-02-18 Stephen Sinclair
- Merge pull request #6 from ventosus/clone_message
2013-02-02 Stephen Sinclair
- Cloning of lo_message objects
2013-01-21 Stephen Sinclair
- Resolve some errors that occur when compiling examples using g++
- Fix non-blocking semantics of lo_server_recv_noblock() for TCP.
- Add an external context pointer that can be accessed by error handlers.
- Initialize extended part of socket array to zero on realloc.
- Fix: If multiple calls to recv() were needed, message size was wrong.
- Changes to compile without warnings with MingW.
2013-01-14 Stephen Sinclair
Add new bundle-related functions to Windows .def file.
2013-01-14 Stephen Sinclair
- Avoid including netinet/tcp.h on Windows.
2012-11-28 Stephen Sinclair
- Merge pull request #4 from tuscland/master
- go further in dispatch_method to avoid another allocation of zero bytes.
- tell the static analyzer that lo_address_init_with_sockaddr is not meant to be called with a NULL lo_address argument.
- fix a logic error where a null pointer could be dereferenced.
- fix a memory leak happening when calling lo_server_add_method with a path that contains invalid characters.
- in dispatch_method, when a message with no argument is received, don't call malloc with a zero byte count.
- removed assignment to a variable that is never read again.
- call freeaddrinfo only when a call to getaddrinfo succeeds, free lo_server if it fails.
- fix potential memory leak.
- removed a couple of dead stores. (value written to ret is never read again)
- ensure we compare integers of same signedness.
- adjust argument to pthread_create so it is a valid function pointer cast.
2012-11-15 Stephen Sinclair
- Correct printing of blob bytes.
2012-11-10 Stephen Sinclair
- fix crash on 64-bit Mac due to uninitialised int
2012-10-24 Stephen Sinclair
- Merge pull request #1 from tuscland/master
- Free queue memory in lo_server_free() (ref. bug report by Sebastien Bourdeauducq 2010-11-09)
2012-10-19 Stephen Sinclair
- When a TCP message has been received, use the actual read message length to allocate the buffer and return its size.
2012-09-11 Stephen Sinclair
- Add bundle functions for getting the count and accessing messages.
2012-09-04 Stephen Sinclair
- Add maintainer mode and silent rules macros.
- Add a debug mode to disable optimisation and enable all warnings as errors.
2012-09-04 Stephen Sinclair
- Fix a printf type warning for printing size_t.
2012-09-03 Stephen Sinclair
- Add a protocol flag to allow enabling TCP_NODELAY option.
- Remove sensitivity to trailing slash when dealing with Unix socket URLs.
2012-08-30 Stephen Sinclair
- Optionally perform SLIP encoding/decoding.
2012-08-28 Stephen Sinclair
- Merge branch 'camille'
- Change formatting of broadcast patch.
2012-08-22 Stephen Sinclair
- fixed a number of typos reported by the clang compiler.
- Ensure SO_BROADCAST is set on the server socket when the protocol is UDP.
2012-07-11 Stephen Sinclair
- Fix endianness on little-endian machines for lo_message_pp(). (Camille Troillard)
- Set SO_REUSEPORT on TCP server ports (Camille Troillard)
2012-06-08 Stephen Sinclair
- Add an option to the premake configuration to disable threads.
- Move some variables to top of scope for MSVC compatibility.
- Make server_thread functions conditional in Windows .def file.
- Conditional for including pthread.h
- Replace inet_ntop() calls during address initialization with getnameinfo().
- Fix call to lo_server_add_socket() in case select() is used.
- Zero memory after freeing address resources in order to invalidate the struct.
- Fix indexing of sources during removal from server socket list.
- An example "echo" server for bidirectional TCP messaging.
- Address removes TCP socket from source server's list if send fails.
- When address sends TCP from a server, server should own the socket.
- Retry stream recv until all bytes are read.
2012-06-04 Stephen Sinclair
- Add support for bidirectional TCP.
- Error in length given to getnameinfo(), found by Pete Goodeve.
2012-05-09 Stephen Sinclair
- Function lo_address_get_iface() was missing from Windows .def file.
- Fix a call to dispatch_queued() due to modified arguments in a Windows-only code block.
- Add a missing include for
- Warn on configuration if getifaddr not found. (Ignore on Windows.)
- Move lo_server_thread_* to their own header, include it conditionally.
- Add a configure flag to disable dependency on pthread.
2012-04-06 Stephen Sinclair
- Don't let "none required" get into CFLAGS on OS X.
- Ignore ENOPROTOOPT as a result of disabling IPV6_V6ONLY.
- Expose a flag to disable lo_server message queue.
2012-03-05 Stephen Sinclair
- Also don't build lo_server_new_multicast_iface() if getifaddrs() is not present.
- Add a rudimentary script for configuring & compiling for Android.
- Add top of source tree for oscdump and oscsend include paths.
- Don't add "-lpthread" to dependencies unless it is found.
- Check that getifaddrs() is available.
2012-03-02 Stephen Sinclair
- Accept new connections in lo_server_wait(), block until data ready.
- Check for Windows before calling initWSock() and define SOCKET_ERROR.
2012-02-24 Stephen Sinclair
- Add some items to TODO.
2012-02-23 Stephen Sinclair
- Everywhere that we check for WIN32, also check MSCVER.
2011-11-21 Stephen Sinclair
- Set SO_REUSEADDR and SO_REUSEPORT before bind().
- Iterating over addrinfo should not occur for UNIX sockets.
- Cache the result after iterating over addrinfo for send()/sendto().
- Fix a couple of stylistic issues with previous patch.
- Improve IPv6 support by using PF_UNSPEC and fixing dotted-quad hostnames (Camille Troillard)
2011-05-05 Stephen Sinclair
- Detect Windows Server 2003 or later, and use IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP accordingly.
2011-05-05 Stephen Sinclair
- Removing "inline" was problematic since it causes a "defined but not used" warning for swap64.
2011-05-03 Stephen Sinclair
- Improve Windows support.
2011-04-01 Stephen Sinclair
- Call shutdown before closing a sending socket to ensure all data was sent.
- Fix a check on s->sockets[i] for lo_client_sockets.tcp. (rjvbertin)
2011-02-16 Stephen Sinclair
- Fix compilation for IPv6, broken in r186. (SF user h3xx, patch tracker 3181851)
2011-02-09 Stephen Sinclair
- Add lo_server_new_multicast_iface() to allow specifying a network interface during server initialization.
2010-10-07 Stephen Sinclair
- Remove some development code that snuck itself into the last commit.
2010-10-04 Stephen Sinclair
- Add functions lo_address_set_iface() and lo_address_get_iface().
- Make the --disable-ipv6 configure option work.
2010-02-27 Stephen Sinclair
- Whitespace fixes from indent.
- socket created in Windows must be closed with closesocket. (Mok Keith)
- Provide callbacks for identifying the beginning and end of a bundle. (David Robillard)
2010-01-25 Stephen Sinclair
- Fix padding for blobs. (John McFerran)
2009-12-10 Stephen Sinclair
- Add optional multicast group to oscdump's command line. (SS)
2009-09-17 Stephen Sinclair
- Fix all whitespace inconsistancies using 'indent -kr -nut'. (SS)
- Fix warnings from the XCode static analyser. (Camille Troillard)
- Fix bug in LO_MARKER_A/_B for 64-bit platforms. (Camille Troillard)
2009-03-07 Stephen Sinclair
- Fix some typos, grammar, and links in the documentation.
- Remove TCP from TODO list.
- Add recent contributors to the AUTHORS list.
- Add previous release notes to the NEWS file.
- Add note about MSVC in README.
- Release 0.26.
2009-03-06 Stephen Sinclair
- Add a return value to lo_bundle_add_message().
- Avoid pointer arithmetic on void* types for compilers that can't handle it.
- Move all local variable declarations to the top of the scope.
- Conditionally avoid the use of variable-argument macros if not GCC.
- Fix multicast on Windows: join multicast group after bind() instead of before.
- Avoid the use of C99 struct literals when giving timetag arguments.
- Add premake4, used to generate MSVC project/solution files.
- Add numerous typical kludges necessary to cover differences in MSVC.
- Use log() instead of a while loop to calculate new data size.
- Add return values for all functions that can potentially fail.
- Add premake4-related files to the dist build.
2009-02-17 Stephen Sinclair
- Don't attempt to dispatch data if TCP connection was closed.
2009-02-17 Stephen Sinclair
- For multicast, enable SO_REUSEPORT as well as SO_REUSEADDR. (Mike Wozniewski)
2009-02-12 Stephen Sinclair
- Fix the definition of LO_TT_IMMEDIATE per the OSC spec. (Dominic Sacré)
2009-02-01 Stephen Sinclair
- Add function lo_message_get_timestamp(). (Alex McLean)
- Fix magic constant in lo_timetag_diff. (Dominic Sacré)
- Bump the LO_SO_VERSION version major number to resolve ABI incompatibilities with previous versions. In particular, the addition of 'const' to an argument of lo_blob_new() in r80 constituted an API add and removal, hence the reset of the 3rd number ('age') according to the libtool manual. (SS)
2009-01-04 Stephen Sinclair
- Add checks to configure.ac for select() and poll().
- Use inet_addr if inet_aton is not available. (i.e., on Windows)
- Retry a TCP connection once if it failed to connect on send.
- Remove useless conditional call to freeaddrinfo().
- Only implement gai_strerrorA if gai_strerror was not already defined.
- Make the TCP protocol retain session information for multiple connections.
2008-12-23 Nicholas Humfrey
- Added a function called lo_server_wait() which waits for a message to be received.
2008-11-23 Stephen Sinclair
- Use the Doxygen command to hide internal functions.
2008-10-11 Kentaro Fukuchi
- lo_url_get_protocol_id() has been added.
- lo_address_new_with_proto() has been added.
- Changed lo_address_new_from_url() to use lo_url_get_protocol_id().
2008-10-09 Kentaro Fukuchi
- src/tools/oscsend.c: Fixed compile-time error on OS X. (thanks to Koichiro Ozaki)
2008-10-07 Stephen Sinclair
- Move lo_arg_size(), lo_get_path(), lo_arg_host/network_endian() back to lo_lowlevel.h.
- Expose the lo_server_dispatch_data() function as public.
- Fix zero-padding of path and type strings in lo_message_deserialise().
2008-09-07 Kentaro Fukuchi
- Memory leak in lo_address_new_from_url() has been fixed.
- Memory leak in dispatch_method() has been fixed.
- Fix a typo and some missing free() in testlo.c.
2008-09-04 Stephen Sinclair
- Change license of LibLo to LGPL 2.1 or later. (With permission of all authors.)
2008-07-11 Kentaro Fukuchi
- Some error checks have been added.
- oscsend now uses strtod() instead of strtof(). strtof of glibc returned buggy results when --std=c99 is not given. (strtof is described in C99)
2008-06-18 Stephen Sinclair
- Update AUTHORS
- Release version 0.25
2008-06-05 Stephen Sinclair
- Fix autogen.sh: Use glibtoolize if it exists, for OS X.
- Fix undefined MSG_NOSIGNAL in testlo.c.
- Fix warning on lo_message_deserialize().
2008-05-05 Stephen Sinclair
- Fix invalid pointer in lo_server_del_method() when doing pattern matching. (Camille Troillard)
2008-04-28 Stephen Sinclair
- Add support for multicast groups to LibLo.
- Add test case for sending a crafted packet that would crash a lo_server without validation.
- Make validation-related functions internal to liblo.
- Add server input validation along with a function to deserialise an OSC message. (Chris Hixon)
- Fix bad socket number in lo_client_sockets when a server is freed.
2008-04-21 Stephen Sinclair
- Added Daniel Lacroix's patch for level 2 broadcast support.
- Use resolved IP address to detect broadcast address.
2008-02-25 Stephen Sinclair
- Fix bug where curly brackets didn't match the last item in the comma-separated list.
2008-02-20 Stephen Sinclair
- Added lo_bundle_free_messages() to free a bundle and the messages it points to. (Kentaro Fukuchi)
2008-01-27 Stephen Sinclair
- Fix for lo_message_add(), wrong argument order for lo_message_add_varargs_internal(). (Dave Robillard)
- Added test case for lo_message_add().
2008-01-20 Stephen Sinclair
- Added lo_message_add_varargs() to play well with C functions taking a variable number of arguments. (Dave Robillard)
- Avoid unnecessary repetitive reallocation on lo_message_add_*(). (Dave Robillard)
- Fixed errors related to 64-bit in packing blob and MIDI messages. (Dave Robillard)
2008-01-13 Stephen Sinclair
* Fixed index increment in sendosc.c for string and symbol types
2008-01-12 Nicholas Humfrey
- Added tools from Kentaro Fukuchi
2007-03-19 Nicholas Humfrey
- Applied patch from Chris Hixon to check for buffer overflows
2007-03-16 Nicholas Humfrey
- Fixed several compiler warnings
- Changed address for package bug reports
- Released version 0.24
2007-03-09 Nicholas Humfrey
- Changed lo_blob_new() to take const void* (thanks to Lars Luthman)
- Disable getnameinfo() method of getting hostname, when IPv6 is disabled
- Unlink Unix server socket when it is close (thanks to Dominic Sacr)
- Checks size of unix socket path properly
- Now accepts unix socket format osc.unix://localhost/tmp/mysocket.sock
- Released version 0.24pre1
2007-03-08 Nicholas Humfrey
- Added lo_server_thread_new_with_proto(), as suggested by Dave Robillard
- Applied patch from Aron Stansvik to fix bug with FreeBSD/NetBSD systems
- Removed freeaddrinfo() from resolve_address() error case (thanks to Anthony Green)
- Only call connect() for TCP sessions (thanks to Roger B. Dannenberg)
2006-03-29 Nicholas Humfrey
- Applied lo_address_get_url() patch from Sze'kelyi Szabolcs
- Added lo_server_get_protocol() and lo_address_get_protocol()
- Added tests for lo_address_get_* tests to test tool
2006-01-26 Nicholas Humfrey
- IPv6 is now disabled by default
- Released version 0.23
2005-12-29 Nicholas Humfrey
- Fixed pthread resource leak, when stopping thread
2005-12-21 Nicholas Humfrey
- Fixed bug where sockets weren't closed when replying to messages
- Split off resolve_address into seperate create_socket function
- Only creates new sockets when needed
2005-12-05 Nicholas Humfrey
- Added lo_send_from, lo_send_message_from and lo_send_bundle_from
- Merged guts of lo_send_message and lo_send_bundle into new static send_data()
2005-09-04 Steve Harris
- Released 0.22
2005-09-02 Steve Harris
- address.c, server.c: Added patch from Martin Habets that redoes parts of previous patches...
2005-09-01 Steve Harris
- address.c, server.c: Added patches from Jesse Chappell and Dave Robillard to close various sockets when there no longer used.
2005-08-19 Steve Harris
- address.c, testlo.c: Added patch from Dave Robillard to fix parsing of IPV6 addresses in URLs.
2005-08-11 Martin Habets
- message.c: Fix LO_CHAR sending on big endian architectures.
2005-08-09 Martin Habets
- server.c: Add lo_server_del_method()
- server_thread.c: Add lo_server_thread_del_method()
2005-07-26 Steve Harris
bundle.c, server.c: Endianess fixed from Topher Cyll for bundle timestamps.
# Bundle delivery timing is still not right, theres an arithmetic # errorsomewhere, but I cant see it.
2005-06-05 Steve Harris
- server.c: Patch from Lorenz Schori to optionally disable IPV6 support with --disable-ipv6
2005-03-31 Steve Harris
- server.c: Patch from Martin Habets that expands wildcarded patch to the matching path where possible (eg. not when using the NULL wildcard path).
2005-03-04 Steve Harris
- server.c: try to fix the global struct thing that keeps track of server sockets.
2005-02-03 Steve Harris
- server.c: made UDP messages resolve back to thier originating server, or something close to it.
2005-02-03 Taybin Rutkin
- server.c: commited resource leak fix from Jesse Chappell
2005-01-22 Steve Harris
- address.c: fixed bug when determining protocol of URL with unspecified sub-protocol. Reported by Pix.
2005-01-13 Steve Harris
- bundle.c: patch from Dave Robillard that fixes bundles of more than 4 messages.
2005-01-13 Steve Harris
- message.c: made the arguments to addstring and addsymbol const char * for C++ compatibility.
2005-01-10 Steve Harris
- message.c: added a source field that represents the source from which a message was received. Useful in method handlers to determine which client sent the message.
2004-12-21 Steve Harris
- server.c: added patch from Walco van Loon and Pix that fixes a bug in the hostname detection fallback code
2004-11-19 Steve Harris
- send.c: added lo_send_timestamped()
2004-11-17 Steve Harris
- server.c: added code to handle bundle reception
- bundle.c: code to build bundle objects
- timetag.c: code to manipulate and test timetags
2004-10-19 Steve Harris
- lo.h: removed reference to obsolete header lo_backcompat.h
2004-10-17 Steve Harris
- lo_server.c: added code to allow servers to poll() on the server socket, if available. From Sean Bolton.
2004-08-27 Steve Harris
- lo_lowlevel.h, send.c: added OSX compatibility fixes from Taybin Rutkin.
2004-08-19 Steve Harris
- testlo.c: added more URL tests
2004-08-19 Steve Harris
- address.c: more bugfixes to URL handling
2004-08-02 Steve Harris
- server.c, address.c: fixed bugs and ommisions in URL handling
2004-07-28 Steve Harris
- send.c, server.c: added code to handle UNIX domain sockets.
2004-07-12 Steve Harris
- server_thread.c: added a lo_server_thread_stop() function for symmetry with lo_server_thread_start()
2004-06-07 Steve Harris
- server.c: added a lo_server_recv_noblock() that will not wait for a packet to be received
2004-03-26 Steve Harris
- doc/, *.h: added doxygen documentation
- address.c: changed URL methods to accept/expect protocol specifiers (eg. osc.udp://...)
- examples/*.c: added comments, slightly simplified
2004-03-21 Steve Harris
- server.c: made binding to unspecified ports work
2004-03-21 Steve Harris
- message.c: fixed coercion type bugs
- server.c: fixed endian conversion bug
- testlo.c: added lots of tests
- send.c: added implicit guard variable to end of send arguments
2004-03-20 Steve Harris
- message.c, send.c: added support for the remaining types OSC
2004-03-15 Steve Harris
message.c: changed the definition of the string argument accessor member (it was wrong before).
target.c, .[ch]: lo_target is now called lo_address*, this makes the api much clearer, %s/lo_target/lo_address/g, should bring all source files up to date.
2004-02-29 Steve Harris
- configure.in, Makefile.am: added auto* stuff